In many countries, due to the pandemic, it is not possible to travel yet. However, the list of those who will gladly accept tourists with certain requirements (tests, certificates of previous illness for COVID-19) or without them is expanding daily. Ukrainians who have missed new experiences are increasingly looking for tour packages or independent travel routes.
Журнал «Народний банкір» №16/2021
Insured – armed
If you have already chosen a destination for travel, then do not forget that to travel abroad, following the Law of Ukraine "On Tourism," an insurance policy is mandatory. If necessary, the insurance company will cover the costs of providing emergency medical care and save the tourist from unforeseen financial expenses.
And we are talking specifically about emergency medical care – a situation of a sharp deterioration in health caused by an accident (injury), a certain disease (for example, of an infectious nature), and an exacerbation of a disease that was not previously known.
Cases are different
Considering that the policy is an extra expense if you have planned a trip without much extreme is a big mistake. In addition to the dangers in the form of an accident or poor health, insurers talk about the most incredible cases. For example, very often, animals become "co-authors" of problems. It is not uncommon for travelers to suffer from dog or monkey bites. Insurers also recall incredible domestic injuries caused by household appliances, such as a blender or toaster.
In any case, the provision of medical care is limited to the amount of insurance coverage. Usually, there are such options: 30 thousand (the minimum obligatory insured amount), 50 thousand, 60 thousand, 75 thousand, or 100 thousand USD/EUR. The currency of the sum insured is determined depending on the selected country.
As a rule, in addition to medical care, the insurance agreement also compensates for:
- Medical evacuation (transportation from abroad).
- Repatriation of the body from abroad.
- Assistance services (legal assistance abroad).
- Visit of a close relative to visit the insured person who is in hospital.
- Telecommunication services: the cost of a telephone informing of the assistance company about the insured case.
- Compensation for the cost of tickets in case of flight cancellation.
- Compensation for lost baggage.
- Travel cancellation compensation (due to force majeure caused by the coronavirus epidemic).
Before purchasing a travel insurance policy, you must definitely decide what you plan to do abroad:
- Do you plan beach holidays and city walks? Then the simplest policy at the lowest price will suit you.
- Do you plan active sports recreation (riding a buggy, jet skis, diving up to 18 meters, hiking in the mountains)? You need insurance to cover these risks.
- A completely different policy is needed for extreme tourism (skiing, parachute jumping, etc.).
Pay special attention!
- Often, the insurance provides for the so-called "sub-limits" (funds within the insured amount, which limits the amount of insurance compensation for a particular insured case); for example, a small insured amount usually applies to the provision of dental care – 150-300 USD/EUR.
- Whether the insurance policy includes the provision of medical assistance in the event of COVID-19 disease, and there are any restrictions (sub-limits).
The most expensive thing is to look for troubles on a drunken head – such cases are always uninsured. And an attempt to cure a certain chronic disease abroad at the expense of an insurance company will be considered a fraud on the part of the customer. Such cases have even received a special name – "medical tourism," that is when customers travel abroad under the guise of a tourist, and upon arrival, they turn to local doctors to receive complex medical interventions.
Журнал «Народний банкір» №16/2021
A policy with a franchise
One of the ways to save on insurance is by choosing a policy with a franchise. A franchise is a portion of the amount of damage that the insurance company does not reimburse. You should be prepared that having saved 70-100 UAH, you will have to pay the franchise yourself if you go to a doctor abroad (as a rule, it is 50-100 USD/EUR).
Taking out an insurance policy
An insurance policy can be obtained directly from an insurance company or a bank. So, at PUMB, it can be done in a branch or online. To do this, you only need a passport and an identification code (TIN). The policy can be issued both for a single trip and several. The bank carefully checks insurers, choosing only reliable partners. Details on https://retail.pumb.ua/service/travel
Отримати на e-mail
Перевірте e-mail Дякуємо за Вашу цікавість!