Inflation in Ukraine breaks the records. Since the beginning of the year prices have increased by 20.3%, as compared to March of the last year - by half. In April, the rates of price increase will still be high, and then they will go into decline. Experts believe that the NBU will not be further clamping the hryvnia liquidity, but the threat of the rising cost of resources for banks still remains.
Prices for fruits, sunflower oil and sugar rose in March most of all - by 31.9-39.2%. Prices for non-alcoholic beverages, vegetables, rice, bread, pasta and fish rose by 16.9-29.4%. Overall, food prices went up less - by 15.6%, because eggs, cheese, milk and meat rose by only 1.2-6.2%. Products, the prices for which are dependent on the value of the imports, i.e. clothing, footwear and household appliances, were also slowly becoming more expensive (10.4-13.3%). Growth of the prices for transport by 7.4% was caused by rise in the price of transport services (+ 9.7%) and fuel (+ 9.3%).
The implementation of this scenario is a new challenge for the banking market. As reported by FinMaidan, Privatbank in pursuit of deposits is ready to spend more than 30% per annum (see "Tax-free generosity Promotion"). "The cost of hryvnia resources is highly dependent on the inflation. If you take pure theory, one should not keep money in the bank below the rate of inflation. Otherwise, it will eat up the money. If the government says about the possibility of an inflation of 42% - it has not happened yet, but it is declared - we can expect that the interest rates on deposits will go up. Accordingly, the lending rates will rise. Now this is not happening so quickly, and thanks to God. Because the rates are very high already. But in principle, rates should always depend on inflationary expectations, " FUIB's Deputy Chairman of the Board, Olexiy Volchkov, as early as in March explained the risks of high inflation.
You can read a full version on the website FinMaidan
- UAH 2.7 billion worth of assistance: SCM businesses, the Rinat Akhmetov Foundation and FC Shakhtar continue to support Ukraine and Ukrainians
- Rinat Akhmetov Files Lawsuit with the European Court of Human Rights Against the Russian Federation and Seeks Urgent Relief for Russia’s Blockading, Looting, Destruction and Diversion of Grain and Metals
- «Бояться надо не спецслужб, а своей совести». Ринат Ахметов о войне, власти, инвестициях и будущих судах с агрессором — интервью НВ
- Oleh Popov: "Our story is the story of an entrepreneur who became an investor"
- Колонка Себастіана Рубая для nv.ua: три пріоритети банківського сектора України на 2019 рік
- Глава ПУМБ: В Украине каждые 5 лет случаются кризисы. Мы должны быть к ним готовы
Отримати на e-mail
Перевірте e-mail Дякуємо за Вашу цікавість!