At the opening of the ordinary meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine the Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk stated his intention to tax the interest income from deposits of over 50 thousand hryvnias.
According to the Prime Minister, the initiative for the taxation of the interest from dividends has been submitted to the Cabinet.
“I am a categorical opponent to the taxation on the income from all deposits. I think we should have a law that taxes the incomes of only those who are rich. So I have considered, among others, my income declaration. Last year, of all the incomes that I have the interest incomes from deposits amounted to 613 thousand hryvnias. I paid not a single hryvnia in taxes to the budget.
I think, this is not right. Those, who receive significant incomes must share with the state. We must tax, among others, my income, and incomes of those citizens of Ukraine who receive significant proceeds from deposits,” notes Arseniy Yatsenyuk.
The Prime Minister of Ukraine considers that 90% of Ukrainians have insignificant savings of up to 50 thousand hryvnias, and they must be not dealt with, whereas those who have more money, must be taxed.
Banki.ua portal has decided to get to know the attitude of domestic bankers to this statement.
Nikita Malyasov, Head of Deposits Unit at FUIB:
This issue has been long discussed. In particular, according to the currently effective Tax Code of Ukraine, the tax (5% of the accrued interest) on the incomes from deposits must be introduced commencing on 01.01.2015. Nevertheless, the actual dates for the entry into force of this provision of law has been postponed several times.
Such practice is common in many countries. In particular, in Europe the rate of tax on the deposits of individuals on average is 25-30%.
- UAH 2.7 billion worth of assistance: SCM businesses, the Rinat Akhmetov Foundation and FC Shakhtar continue to support Ukraine and Ukrainians
- Rinat Akhmetov Files Lawsuit with the European Court of Human Rights Against the Russian Federation and Seeks Urgent Relief for Russia’s Blockading, Looting, Destruction and Diversion of Grain and Metals
- «Бояться надо не спецслужб, а своей совести». Ринат Ахметов о войне, власти, инвестициях и будущих судах с агрессором — интервью НВ
- Oleh Popov: "Our story is the story of an entrepreneur who became an investor"
- Колонка Себастіана Рубая для nv.ua: три пріоритети банківського сектора України на 2019 рік
- Глава ПУМБ: В Украине каждые 5 лет случаются кризисы. Мы должны быть к ним готовы
Отримати на e-mail
Перевірте e-mail Дякуємо за Вашу цікавість!