Interventions of the National Bank did not help to stabilize hryvnia. At the end of the trading its exchange rate slumped by another 20 kopecks.
"The interbank opened on Monday with an exchange rate corridor of 12.70-12.90 UAH/USD; up to 1 p.m. the trading was already within the range of 12.80-13.00 UAH/USD and it was closed at the level of 12.90-13.10 UAH/USD", said Anton Stadnyk, the head of the department of Investment Business of FUIB to "Visti".
In some cases, quotations were even set at the level of 13.2 UAH/USD, but the financiers, respondents of "Visti", claim that no real purchases were made at this rate.
And this despite the fact that the National Bank has said again today about an intervention: it was purchasing dollar at 12.6 UAH/USD, and selling it at 12.7 UAH/USD. But the financiers have immediately clarified that it was sold not to everyone and not in full. "As far as I know, not a single purchase request was granted in full. Our bank is in the top 20 and today we received about 20% of what we requested. As I have heard, others got even less. Small banks have not received anything at all. They had no other choice, than to buy dollar from speculators — I am talking about those, whose contracts are already failing. After all, the economy gradually starts coming to life after the summer season," told us a deputy chairman of one of Kyiv banks.
- Oleh Popov: "Our story is the story of an entrepreneur who became an investor"
- Колонка Себастіана Рубая для nv.ua: три пріоритети банківського сектора України на 2019 рік
- Глава ПУМБ: В Украине каждые 5 лет случаются кризисы. Мы должны быть к ним готовы
- Як банки випускають карти?
- Why does a bank have to be an IT company today?
- Oleksiy Volchkov: Middle-sized agricultural enterprise is the most interesting client for banks
Отримати на e-mail
Перевірте e-mail Дякуємо за Вашу цікавість!