The maximum market rates for dollar deposits amount to almost 13% per annum. But given the introduced tax on interest income in the amount of 15% their real return will be reduced.
Mykyta Malyasov, head of the department of deposits of the First Ukrainian International Bank:
According to our estimates, the existing limitations of NBU do not have a significant influence on client's choice of term of foreign currency deposit. At the same time the unstable political and economic situation in the country has now a significantly bigger influence.
As a result of this, the popularity of long-term deposits among the population has decreased significantly. When at the beginning of the year more than 80% of all deposits were set up for a term of more than 6 months, today this indicator does not exceed 40%.
This limitation applies to any cash withdrawal transactions from the current (card) and deposit accounts of individuals (including the transactions of early termination of the deposit and its refund at the end of the term).
In the recent couple of months, the interest rates on medium and long-term deposits in foreign currency remain relatively stable. At the same time, the average market return of such deposits has increased by 1.5% ... 2% per annum since the beginning of the year.
You can read a full version of the article on the website of Prostobank
- UAH 2.7 billion worth of assistance: SCM businesses, the Rinat Akhmetov Foundation and FC Shakhtar continue to support Ukraine and Ukrainians
- Rinat Akhmetov Files Lawsuit with the European Court of Human Rights Against the Russian Federation and Seeks Urgent Relief for Russia’s Blockading, Looting, Destruction and Diversion of Grain and Metals
- «Бояться надо не спецслужб, а своей совести». Ринат Ахметов о войне, власти, инвестициях и будущих судах с агрессором — интервью НВ
- Oleh Popov: "Our story is the story of an entrepreneur who became an investor"
- Колонка Себастіана Рубая для nv.ua: три пріоритети банківського сектора України на 2019 рік
- Глава ПУМБ: В Украине каждые 5 лет случаются кризисы. Мы должны быть к ним готовы
Отримати на e-mail
Перевірте e-mail Дякуємо за Вашу цікавість!