The maximum market rates for dollar deposits amount to almost 13% per annum. But given the introduced tax on interest income in the amount of 15% their real return will be reduced.
Mykyta Malyasov, head of the department of deposits of the First Ukrainian International Bank:
According to our estimates, the existing limitations of NBU do not have a significant influence on client's choice of term of foreign currency deposit. At the same time the unstable political and economic situation in the country has now a significantly bigger influence.
As a result of this, the popularity of long-term deposits among the population has decreased significantly. When at the beginning of the year more than 80% of all deposits were set up for a term of more than 6 months, today this indicator does not exceed 40%.
This limitation applies to any cash withdrawal transactions from the current (card) and deposit accounts of individuals (including the transactions of early termination of the deposit and its refund at the end of the term).
In the recent couple of months, the interest rates on medium and long-term deposits in foreign currency remain relatively stable. At the same time, the average market return of such deposits has increased by 1.5% ... 2% per annum since the beginning of the year.
You can read a full version of the article on the website of Prostobank
- Колонка Себастіана Рубая для nv.ua: три пріоритети банківського сектора України на 2019 рік
- Глава ПУМБ: В Украине каждые 5 лет случаются кризисы. Мы должны быть к ним готовы
- Як банки випускають карти?
- Why does a bank have to be an IT company today?
- Oleksiy Volchkov: Middle-sized agricultural enterprise is the most interesting client for banks
- The agricultural sector is a God-given industry in Ukraine
Отримати на e-mail
Перевірте e-mail Дякуємо за Вашу цікавість!